Opportunity Zones get more attention in San Jose
Fresh from creating and leading a City Hall presentation of the Opportunity Zone program and its implications for property owners, developers, and businesses, OED’s Nathan Donato-Weinstein will be a presenter at BisNow‘s upcoming half-day event: Silicon Valley State of the Market and Opportunity Zones – OZs, Tech Migration & the Market’s Growth Trajectory, to be held Wednesday, Feb. 20, 7:30 – 11:30 am, at Il Fornaio, 302 South Market Street, San Jose, Calif. 95113.
San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo will deliver the Keynote address, and the panelists joining Nathan on the first panel “Opportunity Zones, P3, & Affordable Housing” include:
- Erik Hayden, President, Urban Catalyst
- Leslye Corsiglia. Executive Director, SV at Home
- Katherine Haraszm, Executive Director, SCCHA
- Chek Tang, Owner/Principal, Studio T-Square
- Emily Bias, Counsel, Pillsbury Law
The second panel, “State of the Market & Multi-Family Update” features:
- Jesse Gundersheim, Market Economist, CoStar
- Samantha Hauser, VP of Development, City Ventures
- Michael VanEvery, President & CEO – West Coast, Republic Urban Properties
- Sanjeev Acharya, Founder, President, & CEO, SiliconSage Builders
- Moderator – Mark Burns, Mark Burns Silicon Valley Real Estate
At the event, attendees will get insights into the “boom” currently underway in San Jose; where the new Opportunity Zones are and what they offer; and hear about efforts to deal with the housing crisis. More background from BisNow on Opportunity Zones is available in this recent article.
For more information and to buy tickets, visit the BisNow website.