A Global City. California Lifestyle – Active, Green, Healthy
In San Jose, you’ll get the best of big city amenities—sports, arts, dining, shopping, and urban vitality—along with the Northern California lifestyle—active, green, and healthy. With more than 300 days of sunshine annually, San Jose is the place to be.
San Jose has the fastest outdoor Wi-Fi in Northern California—and it’s FREE!
#WHYSJSan Jose has 150 Bikeshare Bikes and the largest urban trail network in the nation
Vibrant Urban Lifestyle
- Downtown is Silicon Valley’s City Center—the region’s only urban live-work environment
- Home to 200+ restaurants and cafes
- 40+ cultural venues Downtown
- 2,000+ new high-rise homes in the City Center
- Easy Access to Caltrain at Diridon Station Downtown with 125+ stops weekly
- To read about Downtown, click here
North San Jose offers attractive amenities with 8,000 new homes near high-tech workplaces, the capacity for more than 80,000 new jobs, and easy access to shopping, Downtown, transit, trails, and recreation. Click here to access Guadalupe River Trail.
- San Jose offers easy access to transporation with numerous Caltrain connections, VTA Light Rail, ACE/Amtrack, commuter rail, bikeways, freeways and future BART stations (Milpitas and Berryessa 2017)
Arts and Culture
San Jose offers a wide array of events, and arts and cultural venues including museums, art exhibits, concerts, theatrical performances, festivals and events.
For a list of current events, click here.
To access transportation to and from events, click here.
Parks and Trails
San Jose has the largest urban trail network in the nation, click here to access our trail system. With an average of 300 days of sunshine per year, you’ll often see people enjoying an active outdoor lifestyle—walking, biking, or running. Check out today’s weather below.
San Jose is a bike friendly city with a numerous bikeways and 150 Bike Share Bikes. For more information about biking in San Jose, click here.
San Jose has wonderful neighborhoods near business districts, such as the Alameda, Willow Glen, Japantown and Alum Rock. Click here to view our interactive map.
Retail Hot Spots
San Jose has numerous shopping destinations including Downtown, Santana Row, and Valley Fair. For more information about accessing transportation to and from these destinations, click here.
Sports and Events
- SAP Center in Downtown is home to more than 120 Sharks games, concerts and events annually
- San Jose Earthquakes’ inaugural season at Avaya Stadium kicked off in 2015 . To find your place at the world’s largest outdoor stadium bar, click here