San Jose development projects update
We are pleased to share the latest report on development projects in the City of San Jose, updated since our last report in August, 2019; Key Projects List_External Partners_10.25.19
Since August, projects submitted to the City for approval, excluding the Google project, add 577 residential units, 1,198,082 square feet of office space, and 246,195 square feet of commercial to our key economic projects roster.
Three projects with significant economic development implications have been approved (Avalon Bay West at 700 Saratoga Ave, Steven’s Creek Promenade at 4300 Steven’s Creek Boulevard, and Bascom Gateway at 1410 South Bascom). These projects represent a total of 1,389 residential units, 27,800 square feet of commercial space, and 513,500 square feet of office space.
The Google rezoning and PD permit was also submitted and is currently under review. This project description includes the following estimated elements:
- 6,500,000 square feet of office (up to a maximum of 7,300,000 square feet)
- 3,000 to 5,000 units of housing (up to a maximum of 5,900 units)
- 300,000 to 500,000 square feet of active uses, which may include retail, cultural, arts, etc.
- 100,000 square feet of event space
- Up to 300 hotel rooms and up to 800 rooms of limited-term corporate accommodations.
For more information on the Google project, visit the City’s dedicated project page . To learn more about the community engagement and public meetings to be held on the project, visit the OED community engagement website.