Silicon Valley Foreign Trade Zone Forum – Enhancing your company’s global competitiveness
OED is hosting an important business forum on the advantages of using a Foreign Trade Zone on (FTZ), March 5, 2019, 8:30-11 am, at City Hall.
Foreign Trade Zones are territories within the US that are considered outside of US. Customs territory. The City of San Jose’s FTZ #18 includes San Jose, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz region and southern Alameda County. The event is designed to help business decision-makers learn how as operating as an FTZ under the City of San Jose’s FTZ#18 can provide significant business benefits. The program will include presentations from key representatives of major area companies currently operating as Foreign Trade Zones, such as Bloom Energy, Lam Research, RK Logistics Group, Tesla and officials of the U.S. Commercial Service/San Jose and Foreign Trade Zones Board in Washington, D.C.
The main topics we will address include:
- Fundamentals of using a Foreign Trade Zone
- How using the FTZ can save money
- International trade programs provided by the U.S. Commercial Service
- FTZ in times of trade uncertainty
- The functions of the U.S. Department of Commerce Foreign Trade Zones Board and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- The process for applying for FTZ authority
San Jose City Hall – Wing Building, Rooms 118-120
200 East Santa Clara Street, San Jose 95113
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
8:30 am – Refreshments
9-11:00 am – Program
The program is free, but registration is requested to ensure space availability. The program is organized and hosted by the City of San Jose – Grantee, Foreign Trade Zone #18